Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Personal Relationship

That's what prayer is.  Developing a personal relationship with the Supreme Being. 

Conversation.

I speak...He listens.   He speaks...I listen.

Sometimes we laugh together.

Sometimes we cry.

Always seeking more of the other.

This is intimacy of the Divine Nature.  We come together.

It takes time.

Silence.

Openness to the unexpected.

I remember as a little girl, I had a relationship with Him.

We were friends.  In some ways, He was my only friend.

As I grew up, He seemed more like a Parent than a friend.  My perspective had changed.

Then my need was for a Savior.  Someone to walk through the pain of life with me.  Heal the hurts.

Recently, I have discovered the Lover.  He meets my desire and takes my breath away.

It's personal. It always has been.

Now it's just more personal than it ever was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment