Monday, May 18, 2015

Contemplating the Holy Spirit as Breath of God

Breathe on me Breath of God...

There's a lot to think about here.

If we aren't breathing,  we are dead.  A basic action we don't even think about. 

Anxiety brings short, rapid breathing.  That feeling of never enough air.  We are gasping out of despair.  Grasping for that next breath.

The breath of rest is peaceful.  Long expanded breaths of calm for a weary soul.

I like to feel the rhythm of His breathing.  Resting on the Lord's breast.  I see myself,  like John the Apostle, nestled close to Jesus.  Can you feel His Breath on you? 

In...

Out...

Peace be with you.  My peace I give to you.

Deep, calm, quiet breathing.

Just the two of us, breathing together.

I feel the softest whisper of His Breath on my soul.  It cautions me to rest in Him.  He will fill my deepest longings with His Breath.

Mold me and make me into the image of Jesus with Your Breath, O God.

No comments:

Post a Comment